14 October 2006

Herbst in Berlin

Yes, autumn has arrived. It's grey and cold. Grey more than gray, I think, because I've always felt there is a slight difference in color and atmosphere.

Beggars are allowed to come into cafes here and ask for money. Nobody kicks them out.

I had two fabulous, ass-kicking lessons with my teacher on Thursday and Friday. Now he's gone to Spain for three weeks, and though I'd like to see him/hear him/have lessons more often, at least this way I have time to practice and learn the rest of my music and try not embarrase myself when I play for him again. The funny thing is, I've been prepared and memorized for my lessons thus far - it doesn't save me from utterly humiliating myself when he demonstrates the utter superiority of his own skills. It's like mastery and then my complete lack of anything musical or pianistic or anything. At least I try. HARD. I TRY HARD. I AM WORKING VERY HARD.

So I shall become a caveman, just me and the piano and crude drawings of mammoth hunts on the wall.

No comments: