12 January 2007

Depth Perception: Poem and Analysis

Inside the mirrors,
me, looking deeply:
frowns heavy at
scrutinized blemishes.
Without days of
reflections,
no more worry.
Freedom--
being just me.

(The writer clearly has issues with mirrors and is pleasantly surprised when, for some days, she doesn't look into one. This could be due to self-discipline and a strong desire to restrain from vanity. Or it could be because she doesn't have a mirror in her apartment. These Germans, you know - no kitchens, no shower rods, no bathroom mirrors.)

Me just being--
freedom.
Worry no more.
Reflections
of days without
blemishes scrutinized
at heavy frowns:
deeply looking, me,
mirrors the inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you a poet also? nice.

ACN said...

Or so I like to pretend. :)

I have actually written some good stuff, but it's a little hard to write well when you have to flip the same works over backwards and upsidedown, so to speak. Hence, this.