04 March 2007

Harry Potter can act!

Yes kids, I was the lucky girl who took this photo just after seeing Daniel Radcliffe put in a TREMENDOUS performance as the tormented, violent main character Alan Strang in "Equus" on Friday night in London's West End.


(in the poster, his body turns into the head of a horse)

For anyone who is alarmed to hear that I saw nudity on a London stage, let me assure you that the artistic lighting, brilliant staging, and sheer intensity of this final scene rendered his nakedness as just that-- an integral, symbolic, physical metaphor for his vulnerability, sensitivity, fear, rage, and despair, and his ensuing horrific collision with nature.

This, my friends, was one of the finest performances I've ever seen. In anything. Ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've even heard great things about the play from LA. Glad you got to experience it! You must be having so much fun..... I need to come visit you and trek around Europe like the young urbanite that I am! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES! now I realy want to visit..... but where are you in the pictures?

ACN said...

England is wonderful. I love it! Berlin...is not my favorite place at the moment.

Unfortunately Richard Griffiths was sick, so they used the understudy who sadly had to read some of his lines. I'd like to go back and see it again with the full, real cast.

D0nnaTr0y said...

His performance made the news here, too. You were lucky to get to see it! And yay to him for getting the opportunity to be someone other than Harry Potter!