25 May 2007

After the Rain

Somebody is blaring "Time after Time" from an open window.

It smells good outside, like damp aspens; I walked around a little. Damp aspens bring back so many memories of Colorado summer mountains. I miss those, all of those - aspens, mountains, memories.

So much for an exciting evening of being overbooked. I shouldn't have gotten so prideful about it. I single-handedly brought about that thunderstorm, punishment from the gods.

I feel like climbing out of my skin and trying on a different one, new and better.

---

Something Else Entirely

If only you knew
how I sit up at night
weaving words into phrases
spinning thoughts into dreams
you might realize
that these lines
and others like them
aren't poems at all
but rather
the only way I know how
to love you

1 comment:

D0nnaTr0y said...

"I feel like climbing out of my skin and trying on a different one, new and better"... set a minor piano progression to those words and you've got Fiona's next hit! (you know I'm totally gonna steal that for an away message, right?!)