03 February 2007

Live and let live - or, eat cake

I love Saturday. I love the idea of Saturday. It's the perfect day, the ideal day, the day I look forward to all week (not true actually, I look forward most to Friday evenings when they finally post the new Grey's Anatomy episode on iTunes!). Saturday is a clean slate of endless opportunity.

And I ruin mine every weekend by sleeping in, being lazy, doing nothing. I talk myself into visiting the big market right outside my front door, and even that, with all its delicacies, bright colors, flowers, and people, does nothing to improve my wilting energy level. I promise myself a piece of cake if I go. It did occur to me today that outdoor markets would be so much more exciting with...um...a McDreamy. But it's a little hard to be romantic when my brain is yelling at me to practice.

It's 1:32pm, and I've done nothing. I glanced at the New York Times online (and I can't wait to hear the new piano concerto by Esa-Pekka Salonen, just premiered last night with the New York Philharmonic- at times like these, I'm really jealous of Matt), took a shower, drank some tea, ate cake, and haven't even begun practicing yet. It's a bit depressing.

I love mornings, early mornings, when everything is quiet and still, productive mornings when I get everything pressing done by 9am and have the rest of the day to practice, to read, to watch the rain, or the snow, or the sun.

Maybe I'll remember this next time.

1 comment:

Joe Trapanese said...

i LOVE mornings too... i get so much done between 6am-9am than i would ever get done in 6 hours later.... but i can never pull myself out of bed! you deserve some cake, and McDreamy, but for now, hopefully you will find a McEnglishman in Germany or something more witty than that.