06 February 2007

Learning the Hard Way

So while at the grocery store this evening, I decided to take a walk down the cookie aisle. Usually I don't allow myself the temptation (the plethora of bakeries in this city is sinful enough), but this time, I thought, I'll just look.

And while just looking at the bags of yummy things, I ran into my neighbor, the one 5 floors up who has been a big anti-piano advocate to the building owners, the one who has complained from day 1 about my practicing, the one I haven't seen in two weeks and was hoping to continue the streak.

I've done everything possible to cut down on sound - mattresses against the wall, meters of thick acoustic foam inside the piano and stuck into all sorts of places underneath that you didn't even know existed, blankets heaped on top. In fact the piano is now so quiet that I can barely hear it when I play.

But he apparently still can.
And wants to meet again next week to discuss the "problem."

I should never have walked down the cookie aisle.
I may never go to the grocery store again.
After the food I bought today runs out, I'll probably never eat again.
I've learned my lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a terrible coincidence. tell him to go shove it.

sarah marie said...

ooh, you have your own piano? we just got a steinway baby grand... it's great, Nathan no longer has to go practice in the old college practice rooms, hurray!