12 December 2006

This land is my land....

This is a very weird city.

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- German animal rights activists have launched a campaign against plans to put up a giant ferris wheel in Berlin, saying it would disturb the sex lives of rhinos in a nearby zoo.

A group of investors has unveiled plans to erect a 175-meter high wheel for 120 million euros ($158.9 million) in the German capital, hoping to attract millions of visitors from 2008.

But animal rights activists oppose the project, saying the fully-illuminated wheel would disturb the rhinos' daily routine.

"We're worried that these endangered animals won't breed any more, which would hamper animal protection programs," Berlin's animal rights association said in a statement.

The planned Berlin wheel would be higher than the London Eye, which claims to be the world's tallest observation wheel at 135 meters, according to its Web site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I know is that as soon as I see a ferris wheel, all thoughts of fornication leave my mind and I lose my ability to perform....

Anonymous said...

oh and I don't appreciate being called a Californian in your last post. I have shaken loose the shackles of my shameful past and am a proud Oregonian

Anonymous said...

hey you totally edited my comment and made it all....G-rated